Year in review and looking to 2015
It has been a great year here at Belly Dance at Any Size…Since I quit working full time at the beginning of 2014, I have been able to devote more time to this blog and other belly dance projects. It has been so rewarding for me and I hope to never have a traditional 9-5 ever again! I thought it would be fun to look back on 2014 and see how far we’ve come since last year.
A year in review by the numbers
- The site received over 27,000 unique visitors and nearly 62,000 page views. That is a 50% increase in site visitors from last year!
- There are 383 subscribers to the Belly Dance at Any Size newsletter, up from 264 last year (119 new subscribers)
- We have 212 Manifesto signers, up from 140 last year (72 new signers)
- 93 articles have been posted, 43 new articles in 2014
- There are 53 gallery images (17 new pictures of beautiful dancers of all shapes, sizes and ages)
- We’ve published 4 additional web pages for a total of 24 pages
- There are 6 contributing writers. We added Melissa and Sophia in 2014. And we had 10 guest bloggers.
Those numbers just blow me away. I am beyond humbled by the support I have received so far. Thank you everyone!
I also want to especially thank the writers who work so hard to write compelling content that speaks from their hearts. We’ve featured first-person essays about body image, advice about costuming, articles specific to plus-size belly dancers, and information about Health at Every Size®. We’ve also featured articles on Belly Dancers of Color, the 90 Day Belly Dance Challenge and have continued to feature newsletter readers in the Q&A. I can proudly say that we’ve covered a variety of topics that I think are interesting and relevant to most belly dancers.
As you’ll see below, it appears that articles about costuming for plus size dancers are the most popular. I’ll keep that in mind as we move forward into 2015. Here are the 5 most popular articles on the blog:
- The best belly dance costume tutorials for the DIY types
- 90 Day Belly Dance Challenge
- Where to buy plus size belly dance costumes
- Costuming for the well-endowed belly dancer by Guest Blogger Oriana
- What’s wrong with cleavage? A belly dancer’s costuming conundrum
But don’t forget, if there are any topics that you would like to see covered, then please let me know! Or better yet, write about them and post them here!
Looking to 2015
I’m really looking forward to continue posting new and original content from myself and other writers on a monthly basis–I’d also love to see more guest bloggers. Last year I posted 43 new articles which is about 9 weeks short of my 2014 goal of posting weekly. I don’t think I’ll make that weekly goal in 2015, but I will strive to have at least as many articles as we had this year–let’s shoot for 45 new articles, shall we?
I’m also trying to come up with some new features that we can run next year. Some sort of special interest series that will really excite everyone and get them engaged. Contact me if you have any ideas.
Finally, I would love to know what you think of the site, so that moving forward I can provide you with the best online belly dance community for belly dancers. Please let me know what you would like to see here on this website by filling out this short survey. Thanks!
Happy holidays and happy New Year!!